Sometimes all you need is a sweat session in the sauna to feel rested and relaxed. The heat in therasauna improves your well-being and overall health and helps relieve sore muscles. If you feel that the temperatures of traditional saunas are too much to handle, you should choose infrared sauna. Infrared saunas may offer several benefits without the extreme heat. Therasauna infrared saunas do not heat the air around you like traditional sauna. Infrared sauna use infrared lamps to warm your body directly using electromagnetic radiation. Infrared saunas operated at a lower temperature as compared to traditional saunas. As claimed by the manufacturers, about 80% of the heat directly goes to your body and only the rest 20% goes to heat the air. It is also said that heat penetrates deeper than warmed air, which results in more intense sweat at a lower temperature.
The environment in a therasauna infrared sauna is way more tolerable than the traditional sauna, which makes it easy to stay longer in the sauna. There are several other benefits of using infrared saunas and are similar to the benefits of a traditional sauna. These benefits include:
- Relief from sore muscles
- Better sleep
- Improved circulation
- Relief from joint pain like arthritis
- Weight loss
- Clear and tighter skin
- Help chronic fatigue syndrome
Saunas are used to treat all sorts of health conditions since centuries. Many studies have been conducted on traditional saunas but there aren’t as many studies on infrared saunas yet. It has been found in several studies that infrared light sauna may help in reducing high blood pressure. There are no proven negative effects of sauna yet. However, there are few cautions that include the possibilities of dehydrating, overheating and interference with medication. There are potential dangers of sauna for people who have heart disease, are pregnant or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The best part of saunas is that they feel good even if the sweat session does not do all of the things it claims. Sauna therapy given by spas in Hampton VA helps you relax by loosening up tight and stiff muscles and reducing joint pain and contributing to overall well-being and health. Make sure you evaluate your health needs before adding sauna to your health and wellness routine. There are also some things you should know before your first sauna session. You should avoid using an infrared sauna if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Do not use sauna if you are not feeling well or have a fever. It is best to wait until you feel better. Infrared saunas cause a lot of sweats which may make you feel lightheaded. Drink water right after the sauna session and let your body cool down before doing anything. There can be extreme cases where some people end up experiencing dehydration or overheating. Make sure you are well hydrated before the start of your infrared sauna session. Do not take longer sauna sessions if you are new to it. If you have medical conditions, run the idea of a sauna by your doctor before your first sauna session.